Here we are at week 3 of our bathroom renovation. Things are moving much slower now. (I didn't realize how much work was involved getting a floor ready for tile.) Ralph worked really hard yesterday. He did a lot of measuring, then more measuring, then he did some more measuring. He wanted to make sure he got the measurements just right. He knew we only had a set amount of sub-flooring (and didn't want to have to purchase any more), so he got the measurements right before cutting. You know the old adage, to measure twice and cut once. Well, he took that to heart. We didn't have the "right" tools, so he did a GREAT job of improvising. He had to cut a hole in the middle of this sub-flooring that is made of a cement product (so it was really hard). He drew out the size of the hole on the flooring, drilled some holes around the circle then used his grinder to "connect" the dots. He had it almost perfect the first time. Believe me, I was REALLY impressed with his precision. He only had to enlarge the hole ever so slightly on one side so it would fit perfectly. Then the rest of the cuts were pretty easy after that. (Before he put the pieces in to make sure they fit, I vacuumed the floor to have it free of any debris.) He did a "dry" fit, then put the cement down to keep it in place, put the flooring down, screwed it to the floor and taped the seams. It was a hard job, but for the first time of ever doing this, and without help, I might add, he did an AWESOME job!!
Here are a couple of photos of the floor.
We won't be doing anymore work for a couple of weeks, as Easter is next week and Ralph will be working the entire weekend, so won't have any time to work on the bathroom. So look for more updates in a couple of weeks.