Monday, March 30, 2009
Friday, March 27, 2009
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Our family is planning on making our own candles and want to make bees wax candles, as they burn longer and are better for you. We also use bees wax for making lip balm and skin balms. Does anyone know of a supplier who sells in bulk and is reasonably priced? I have done some research but usually only find distributors who sell in small quantities, which makes it quite expensive. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
I have watched The Children of Caesar and read Family Driven Faith and The Ever-Loving Truth by Voddie Baucham Jr. Now I have read another MUST have book for every Christian parent, What He Must Be...If He Wants To Marry My Daughter. Voddie is an inspiration. I gain so much from what he writes and from his seminars. I truly am thankful for how he has allowed God to use him to enlighten us. I urge all parents who desire to see their children married to not only Christians, but to spouses who are prepared to lead and nurture their families, to read this book. You won't be sorry.
Monday, March 16, 2009
Thursday, March 12, 2009
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Eighty years ago the Supreme Court declared that “the child is not the mere creature of the State; those who nurture him and direct his destiny have the right, coupled with the high duty, to recognize and prepare him for additional obligations.” Pierce v. Society of Sisters, 268
Thirty years ago the Court continued this line of reasoning with the pronouncement that the “primary role of the parents in the upbringing of their children is now established beyond debate as an enduring American tradition.”
Yet in 2000, when the State of Washington gave any person the ability to override a good parent’s decision about visitation by simply claiming that it would be “best” for children to allow the third-party to have visitation rights, in the Supreme Court:
· There were six separate opinions and none reached a five-vote majority
· Justice Thomas was the only Justice to clearly state that parental rights receive the same high legal standard of protection as other fundamental rights
· Justice Scalia held that parents have no constitutionally protected rights whatsoever
Support for a high-view of parental rights has been seriously undermined by the current Court.
As a consequence, numerous lower federal courts refuse to treat parental rights as deserving of protection as a fundamental right.
At the same time,
If this treaty is ratified:
· The laws of all 50 states on children and parents would be superseded by this international law by virtue of a specific provision of the US Constitution which expressly declares treaties to be supreme over state law. Virtually all law on children and parents is state law.
· Good parents would no longer be entitled to the legal presumption that they act in the best interests of their children. Instead, the government would have the authority to overrule all parents on any decision concerning the child if the government believed it could make a better decision.
· Parents could no longer spank their children.
· Children would have the legal right to choose their own religion. Parents would be permitted only to give advice.
The only kind of law that can override a treaty is the Constitution of the
There is only one possible solution for the eroding support for parental rights in the Supreme Court that can also stop the encroachment of international law.
We need to place the time-honored test of parental rights, as recognized by the Supreme Court for over seventy years, into the explicit text of the Constitution.
We cannot wait until our rights are formally demolished. We must act now to stop international law and protect these two key principles:
· Fit parents should be allowed to direct the upbringing of their children.
· American legislators, not international tribunals, should make the public policy for
If you believe these two principles, become a supporter of parental rights by signing the online petition.
Monday, March 2, 2009
“Calling all terrorists! Calling all spies! Calling all current or future enemies of the United States! Uncle Sam wants YOU to serve in the U.S. Armed Forces — in exchange for valuable military and intelligence training … AND CITIZENSHIP!”
Read the entire article here.