Saturday, August 30, 2008

"Why I am a Keeper at Home!"

I found this tract on this blog. Pass this on to all the women you know.

A message to ladies, on the importance of being a keeper at home. Written by a pastor's wife, mother, and grandmother.


1. My God Demands It!

Titus 2:3-5 3. The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; 4. That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, 5. To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.

To blaspheme means to be evil spoken of, to speak reproachfully, or to speak against.

The bible says that the aged women are to teach the younger women to be keepers at home. Hey, grandma, just because your children are grown does not mean that you can get a job and start your career. God wants you to be an example to the young women.

God does not say that it is ok to work outside of the home as long as you have your house clean, meals cooked or children raised.

Ladies, we should not go against what God says, just so we can have bigger house, newer car, or nicer clothes.

Notice that God did not say to be a keeper of the home, but a kepper at home.

1 Timothy 5:14 I will therefore that the younger women marry, bear children, guide the house, give none occasion to the adversary to speak reproachfully.

Someday, we will stand before God and give an account of how we obeyed God's Word. I want to obey God's Word. That's why I am a keeper at home.

2. My Groom Deserves It!

Genesis 2:18 And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.

God saw that it was not good that Adam be alone. According to Genesis 2:21 and 22, God took a rib from Adam's side and made the first woman and brought her unto him.

Ladies, we are a gift from God to our husbands. God gave me to my husband for a help meet for him, not to be a boss on some job.

Ephesians 5:22-24 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. 24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

Ladies, my groom deserves a keeper at home.


3. My Growing Children Desperately Need It!


Proverbs 22:6 Train up a child in the way he should go; and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

One of the saddest things of our day is that mother's have left the home and given their children over to someone else to train and raise.

Our children are swiftly going away from God. Nurseries, day cares, and schools are teaching against Jesus. Listen om, no one loves your child more than you. God gave you the gift of a child, and it is your responsibility to train them up for God and to protect them.

I heard a preacher say, the best way to train up a chils is by example. Our little girls need to be shown a godly momma. The greatest memories your children will ever have will be a family where mom was a keeper at home.

(What kind of example are you setting?)

4. My Generation Degrades it!

This generation makes fun of mothers that stay at home. They say she is not important if she does not have a career. It does not matter what the world says, it only matters what God says. Ladies, I want to please God. I want a better relationship with my husband, I want to train up my children to love God, that's why I am a keeper at home!


Free copies of this tract can be obtained by writing.

Victory in JESUS Tract Ministry
Victory Baptist Church
309 11th Ave
Dayton, TN 37321

No comments: