Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Pride and Teachable Moments

Here is a great article on pride and teachable moments.

"As I look back over my own life, I can see that in my youth I was often not teachable. I was headstrong and confident, sure of my positions on many issues; and, quick to grab my soapbox to pontificate what I thought were high and noble ideals. I was also less than willing to listen to the thoughts of others. And even if I discovered I was indisputably wrong on an issue, I never admitted it. I just moved on to the next thing I could be “right” about.

Reflecting back, I can see where I was often prideful and hard-hearted. I was less inclined to consider the positions of others, and being right was far more important than learning something from someone else."

To read the entire article by James McDonald, go to Family Reformation.



No comments: