Sunday, June 28, 2009

Beautiful Western Washington

If you ever find yourself in the northern part of Western Washington, you have got to take the drive around Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National forest. There is a road called the Mountain Loop highway that takes you around some of the most beautiful parts of creation that God has made.


Yesterday, my wonderful husband took us on this VERY scenic drive. It took us four hours, but I wish it had been longer. We experienced sights, sounds and smells that were out of this world. It was so peaceful (hardly any traffic). There were smells that we couldn't get enough of (I believe it is called fresh air, but I am not sure, it has been so long since I have experienced it). Besides the fresh air, there were wonderful smells of nature that were stunning. We also heard the beautiful song a of a bird (that we were never able to see). We stopped the car and turned it off just so we could experience the peace and serenity that only comes when you are away from the hustle and bustle of city life. We were so blessed by God and His creation. I can't begin to describe it, so I will just encourage you to experience it for yourself. I will share a few photos though.

Sauk River

Sauk River

White Chuck Mountain

No comments: