Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Faith

What is faith?
In the book of Hebrews, chapter 11, verse 1, in the Bible, it says, "Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen."


How much faith do we need?
"And the Lord said, "If you had faith like a mustard seed, you would say to this mulberry tree, 'Be uprooted and be planted in the sea'; and it would obey you." Luke 17:6 In what or whom should our faith be?
"And Jesus answered saying to them, " Have faith in God." Mark 11:22


"and my message and my preaching were not in persuasive words of wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power, so that your faith would not rest on the wisdom of men, but on the power of God."
1 Corinthians 2:4-5


What do we do if we need more faith?
"The apostles said to the Lord, "Increase our faith!" Luke 17:5

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Great post...yesterday, about three different things we heard had to do with "Faith without works is dead"...then I come across this today...I think God has a message of encouragement for me Lanita...thanks!
C~

Anonymous said...

You are very welcome, Carrie. I like to encourage and most of the time what I write is really written to me, so I am glad that it touches others too.