by Rev. Scott Brown
(my daughters and I listened to a message today by Rev. Scott Brown. Here are some of the notes I took)
15 Ways The Church and Home are Connected
1. The Home is the place where children first hear the gospel and become familiar with the Bible.
2. The Home is the place where wives are washed with the water of the Word of God.
-a wife is nourished and cherished in such a way that she becomes a blessing and resource to the other wives and young ladies in the church
3. The Home is the place where children are discipled in the training and the admonition of the Lord.
-God has made it so that children will be taught primarily in the home (they are not to be outsourced)
4. The Home is the place of child evangelism, where children thrill at the news of the grace of Jesus Christ
5. The Home is the place where kings are trained
6. The Home is the place where godly seed is planted and grown Malachai 4
7. The Home is the place where the curse of God is held off
8. The Home is the place where husband and wife stand together as heirs of the grace of life--Where God's love is demonstrated.
9. The Home is the place where iniquity is held back for generations and blessings are continued for generations
10. The Home is the place of marital unity, where children learn of the nature of God and that a house divided against itself cannot stand. The children learn the doctrine of the Trinity.
11. The Home is the place of marital love, that is an earthly explanation of the love of Christ for the Church. The husband's love for his wife is a mirror of Christ's love for the Church.
12. The Home is the place of personal growth Luke 2:41-52
13. The Home gives the Church households of rare and beautiful treasures, it is a resource for the Church
14. The Home is the place where sound doctrine is established Deuteronomy 6, Psalm 78, Ephesians 6:1-4
15. The Home is the place where elders are qualified
1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9
The Home is the place of basic training.
The Church must be training fathers to be the Shepherd's of their homes so the Church can have Shepherd's for the Church.
You can find this message on BlueBehmoth.com