Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Sarah Called Abraham "Lord?"

Do you want to have a deeper relationship with God and a more meaningful relationship with your husband? If so, read this article by Mrs. Sharon L. White. You won't regret it. In fact, I bet you will come away, like I did, challenged to allow our husbands to truly be the head of our home the way God intended.

I Peter 3:6
"Even as Sarah obeyed Abraham,
calling him lord:
whose daughters ye are,
as long as ye do well..."

"There is something about calling Abraham "lord" that has me intrigued. The Bible tells us to serve our husbands as we would serve the Lord. I have found this so interesting that I want to share my thoughts with you here:

Have you ever considered all the verses in the Bible which tell us how to serve God? Or the blessings / punishments that will follow depending on whether or not we obey? Don't these promises relate to our husbands too?"

To read the rest of Sharon's thoughts on this, please visit Fern's Homestead.

No comments: